6 Things We Must Demand From Public Leaders:
How did the strongest nation, in the world, get to the point, where our public officials achieve so little, and make so many mistakes, etc? Students of history will remind us of the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, Nazi Germany, the Ottoman's, etc, and state, it demonstrates, history repeats itself, especially when we fail to learn viable, worthwhile lessons, from the past!
Because, so many American voters seem politically apathetic (about half of our eligible voters, don't even exercise that right), and, many voters, do so, based more on emotions, greeds, empty promises, and rhetoric (instead of choosing the better-prepared candidate, etc),
Our Values Have Changed,
Blaming China, And WHO,
Covid-19: Introduction Symptoms and Prevention,
Don't Be Anxious, Afraid or Sad - Life Will Be Beautiful Again,
We are where we presently are, with the so-called leader, of the free world, apparently, more interested in his personal/ political agenda, and self - interest, than the best interests of the greater good! With that in mind, it's time for us to demand, at a minimum, these 6 things, from our public leaders, consistently, and this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these.
1. Absolute integrity:We can't continue to accept, the same - old, same - old, and must demand, a leader maintains, and proceeds, constantly, with the utmost degree of genuine, absolute integrity! When the public can't have faith in a leader, how can he possibly, urge them, forward, for the common good. To demonstrate this, compare, how President Trump and New York's Governor Cuomo, handle their press briefings, and how they articulate their messages/ facts, and whether it is based on facts, or some perceived agenda!
2. Ready, willing, and able:Although Donald Trump, is strongly followed and supported by his core supporters, polls indicate, he is also, the most mistrusted, also! Unlike his predecessors, he possessed no political or relevant experience, prior to holding the highest office in our land, and, has often, seemed to not be, ready, willing, and/ or, able, to effectively lead, us, for the common good!
3. Experience/ expertise/ judgment:These past three years should have taught us, we need leaders, with the relevant experience, and expertise, to proceed with the necessary judgment, and, hopefully, wisdom!
4. Create/ develop quality inner circle, and Cabinet/ advisors:In recent memory, no President has had the turnover, within his Cabinet and advisors, nor, like many, holding positions on a temporary basis, and never approved by Congress. In addition, in an apparent effort to manipulate our Courts, he has appointed many people, who the American Bar Association, stated, were unsatisfactory, etc! Shouldn't we demand more, and better?
5. Public/ common good, instead of personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self - interest:
From the tax legislation, enacted in 2017, to his environmental and other policies, and direction, it appears, President Trump, has favored the wealthiest, over the rest of the nation. Although, he proclaimed it to be, beneficial, to the middle - class, after a couple of years, the so-called tax reform, has predominantly benefited Trump's financial supporters, and not, the rest of us! When, Senator McConnell, now, declares, he's concerned about the ever-growing deficit, and stating, states should go bankrupt, instead of receiving needed Federal Funds, when he promoted a trillion-dollar deficit, when it was convenient, politically, our political system, has gotten, out - of - hand, and most of us, are not being properly served and represented!
6. The Buck Stops Here:
Harry Truman was famous for his favorite expression, The buck stops here, while President Trump proceeds, never accepting any personal responsibility, seeking personal recognition and appreciation, lying, and, often, resorting to blaming and complaining!
Wake up, America, because if citizens don't demand more and better, in the future, beginning, this November, our nation's future, is in - danger! It's up to voters to demand more and declare, I'm sick and tired, and not going to take it anymore!